Trent Lock Warehouse

At the commencement of the project, British Waterways made all members of the design team and the Contractor aware that the programme was very tight, as the emda funding associated with the project had to be drawn down and the project completed by the end of the financial year.

Although not listed, this building is rich in historic features, dating back to the opening of the adjacent Erewash Canal in 1779. It has had many uses over the years, and includes some interesting features such as the former basement jail cell which was uncovered during the course of the works!

The works involved a complete refurbishment of the upper floor of the building to enable the area to be used as commercial office premises. New access arrangements were provided to the building to enable access for all to the new office space. On site car parking facilities were also provided.

WINNER of the following awards:

British Waterways Excellence Awards for Regeneration 2010

Home           Who We Are           Services           Projects           News           Contact

 

Home           Who We Are          Services           Projects
News           Contact

 

           

                  

 

© Wm Saunders Partnership LLP 2019 Registered in England and Wales

Registered office OC308323 : Sheppard Lockton House, Cafferata Way, Newark on Trent, Notts. NG24 2TN Also at Leeds, Derby & Lincoln.

Designed and Powered by Nettl of Newark & Redlime