The seven partners in William Saunders are supported by an experienced and expert team of professionals from a range of specialisations, ensuring that we can provide a comprehensive service to our clients, many of whom return to us repeatedly.
In order to provide a relevant, up-to-date and responsive service we are continually updating our skills, knowledge base and integration of technology and are Quality Assured to ISO 9001. We are also accredited to ISO 14001 (Environmental) and ISO 45001(Occupational Health and Safety).
With our head office in Newark and three regional offices we can effortlessly undertake projects throughout the UK.
William Saunders was originally founded in 1846 and evolved through various changes throughout its history. The original founders were George Sheppard (Architect and Surveyor) and Captain H.W. Lockton, originally articled to him and becoming a Partner and sole owner after the death of Mr. Sheppard. On the death of Captain Lockton in 1924, John Saunders (father of William Saunders) purchased his practice and practiced as Sheppard, Lockton and Saunders. The firm carried on and grew for many years, eventually evolving to Wm Saunders & Partners and subsequently to Wm Saunders Partnership, which became a Limited Liability Partnership on 1st July 2004.
William Saunders has won numerous awards for its buildings and services over many years. The awards include:
- RIBA Award for Architecture
- RICS Awards for Design and Innovation and for Community Benefit
- Numerous Civic Trust Awards in cities including historic Durham and several
for buildings in Nottingham and the East Midlands
- Specialist Property and Leisure Awards
- Awards for accessible building design
- Environmental awards for sustainable design
The steady flow of awards is a tribute to the emphasis placed on design quality on all of our projects.